Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Goodbye; hello.

It's been entirely too long ; I know that. However, I've had the best of intentions.I've missed this little blog! One of my primary reasons in writing this is so that JC and Myra will have documented accounts of their childhoods. However, I also write for me. I don't want to forget. I got a new job. I'm going to be teaching 7th grade at a middle school that's about 45 minutes away. We have (hopefully) worked out the child-care aspect, but I'm still not sure. Are you ever? Anyway, I started this week. We have PD until Thursday. I have had something after school every night until at least 6. JC & Myra are staying with Patrick's mom. While I'm completely sure they're in great hands with Nana, my heart is empty. I miss them SO much! It's only night 3. They're there for 1 more, and then I'll get to see them. Our summer is quickly dwindling. We have our VBS block party at church this weekend, and I fly to Kansas City for Silpada next week. Then, we have a few days left and school starts. Myra will be completely weaned when she returns. I've been counting down for months, and now that we're finally here, it's bitter sweet. But, I can imagine that I'll feel this way a lot during the next few years as they reach milestone after milestone! I had a goal of nursing for a year. With JC, I listened to outside influences and stopped at 10 months. I was so excited when 10 months came and went with Myra. Then, I tried to wean her at a year. She wasn't having any of it! So, at 13 months, I went away for 2 nights. I cried when I realized that we might never nurse again. But, when I returned home, I was devastated when she not only didn't want to nurse, but she didn't want anything to do with me. Thankfully, by the next morning, she had warmed up to me. She clung to me and nursed (for comfort, I'm sure!). Flash forward a month, and I'm trying to convince myself that this is the right thing. There are so many choices involved in being a parent! It's exhausting

No comments:

Post a Comment